Provides wide range of administrative support to the President/CEO (and Senior Leadership as necessary). Position requires a person who is proactive, able to work independently, learns quickly, embraces change, and highly accountable for the timely completion of tasks.
- Maintain an encouraging and enthusiastic attitude; requires an absolute commitment to creating and sustaining a positive work environment.
- Position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external audiences.
- Assists CEO on a variety of significant (and often complex) initiatives and responsibilities involving all facets of the organization—assigned (non-recurring) responsibilities will vary greatly. For example, will be responsible to:
- lead (on behalf of the CEO) ad-hoc special projects in any functional area of the organization;
- interact with regulatory agencies regarding administrative matters;
- manage relationships with third-parties and community partners;
- serve as liaison with organization staff to receive and disseminate information; or
- support CEO with mergers, acquisitions, or strategic partnerships.
- Recurring tasks will include (but are in no way limited to):
- receive phone calls for CEO and periodically back-up reception to answer organizational calls and greet visitors;
- coordinates meetings;
- create, file, and retrieve documents, records and reports;
- complete registrations and make travel arrangements for senior staff;
- fill-out and submit internal forms for and on behalf of the CEO;
- take minutes for various meetings;
- tracks tasks assigned by CEO to team members to ensure completion;
- maintains board of directors binders; and
- records incoming mail and distributes as necessary; sends and tracks registered mail; periodically takes mail to post office.
- Follows all agency policies and procedures regarding the use and release of confidential information and confidential PHI (protected health information).
- Adheres to all agency policies and procedures regarding ethics, client rights and dignity of persons served.
- Adheres to all health & safety regulations; uses protective equipment as necessary.
- While this covers a number of essential functions of the job, it is not all-encompassing nor a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities of this role. There are additional functions not specifically listed, and the duties, responsibilities and activities of this role may change at any time with or without notice.
- Schedules meeting rooms for all staff as requested.
- Maintains necessary supplies for desk area and copy machine and completes necessary forms for re-order of supplies.
- Other tasks as directed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL/EDUCATION
- High School diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Grammar and spelling knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Daily personal and telephone contact with public, customers, and staff.
- Must be able to handle routine questions and direct contacts and calls to appropriate staff member(s).
- Must be pleasant and as helpful as possible.
- Sitting most of the day at desk in front of computer terminal in normal office setting.
- Standing while filing in front of various size file drawer cabinets. Requires some bending to reach lower file drawers.
- Speaking, hearing, and/or visual ability to communicate.
- Lifting under 25 pounds
- Work as member of team to meet deadlines
- Work with minimum supervision (makes own decisions as to priorities).
- Ability to work on several tasks at same time such as (typing, answering telephone, greeting visitors, answering intercom, and directing staff, clients, and public to appropriate individuals or departments).
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Patience and diplomacy needed when dealing with clients or public with limited communication skills or difficult clients.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Operates office equipment: computer, copy machine, postage machine/scale, two-way radio, and telephone system.
Must have knowledge of global agency operations in order to answer questions and direct individuals appropriately.
May be required to change work schedule to meet deadlines during special events, such as fundraising events, client events or special, pre-arranged deadlines.
Shall be responsible for safety of all staff and clients.
Notice: This job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as a contract for employment. Paladin, Inc. makes no guarantee of permanent employment. This job description is to be used as a guideline to give you an understanding of what Paladin has defined this position to be.