Festival of the Lakes is gearing up for another amazing season! From July 18 - 22, you can expect five nights of music, fun, and entertainment from Mayor Thomas McDermott and the City of Hammond.
While concerts may be the highlight of the evenings, daytime activities include family-focused games and entertainment. This festival is a staple in the Region, providing fun for everyone! Don’t miss out on your favorite carnival foods, amazing drinks, top-notch entertainment, and a way to have fun with the whole family.
Past years have brought plenty of big names to the Region, and this year is no exception. Sublime with Rome will be making an appearance as well as NAS, and Chevelle, so get ready!
Day 1: Wednesday, July 18 - The festival will be kicking off with performances from Color Me Badd and Tone Loc at 7 PM. After they open the stage, Grandmaster Flash will be headlining the evening, expected to take the stage at 9PM. Grandmaster Flash is hailed as a pioneer in Hip Hop and called Hip Hop’s first virtuoso by The New York Times.
Day 2: Thursday, July 19 - The main headliner for the evening is Chicago-based Chevelle! With hits such as “Send the Pain Below” and “Vitamin R (Leading Us Along),” the band is sure to put on a great show for fans. Opening bands that night will include Lights over Bridgeport and Zombie Schoolboy.
Day 3: Friday, July 20 - Friday brings Sublime with Rome to the stage! Paying homage and respect to the original Sublime entity, the band is now excited to bring out their newest tracks and provide a night of fun for those in attendance!
- The day also marks itself as Senior Day and Special Person’s Day!
- 8am: Golf Scramble at Lost Marsh Golf Course: This event promises prizes for 1st and 2nd place, as well as for Closest to the Pin and Longest Drive. Participants will receive a complimentary gift bag and lunch.
- 10:30pm: Fireworks Show: Brought to you by Mad Bomber Fireworks, stick around after Sublime with Rome to see a fantastic show celebrating the summer!
Day 4: Saturday, July 21 - K’La opens the stage for Twista and NAS for what promises to be a night full of energy! NAS emerged in the mid-90’s and is best known for his singles, “Street Dreams,” “Head Over Heels,” and “One Mic.”
- 8am: Fishing Derby: The Annual Fishing Derby takes place on the Shores of Wolf Lake. A $1 donation to support Wolf Lake Stocking is all that’s asked for an entry fee. Don’t miss out on the free kids fishing seminar at 10am. Trophies will be awarded for largest catches in the 12 & under and 12 & older categories. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies will also be awarded for largest bass, walleye, and pan fish catch!
- 8am: Kathleen Pucalik Memorial 5K Walk, Run, & Splash: A free children’s race at 8:15 and a more competitive option for adults are all that’s needed to make this a great event for all to participate in! The adult race will begin and end at Wolf Lake.
- 10am: Kids Day at the Aquatic Play Center: Kids 12 & under can enjoy a free day at the splash pad!
- 10:30pm: Fireworks Show by Mad Bomber Fireworks: Stick around for the fireworks that follow directly after NAS finishes on stage!
Sunday, July 22nd: Festival of the Lakes rounds the year out with their traditional Latin night! The festivities begin at 3PM with Mariachi Perla De Mexico. At 5PM Grupo Dos Banderos will take over and lead up to Magia Negra. Banda Nueva Raza is next followed by the headliner, Banda Carnaval!
- 9am: Hot Rod & Custom Bike Show: Sunday brings car and bike enthusiasts a sweet treat! There will be dash plaques, door prizes, games, rides, awards, trophies, and more! Oh, they’ll have a monster truck on display as well!
- 2PM: Polka Party with Tri-City Drive: Over at the Hammond Marina they’ll be having authentic Polish food and other refreshments. Be sure to bring lawn chairs and blankets!
All concerts and fireworks shows are free to the public, but participants must pay for parking.
A Parking Pass is $25.00 per vehicle for Single Day parking and a Three-Day Parking pass is $60 per vehicle. A Motorcycle Single Day pass is $15.00 and must park in the designated areas. There will be no street parking!
For the carnival, you can purchase a Mega Pass for $50.00 or for Single Day Unlimited Rides and Individual Carnival Rides. Check out all tickets costs and details here!
To be sure you’re on top of all the Festival of the Lakes information, head over to their Guidebook to find festival maps, parking details, rules and information, their weather policy, and more! Festival of the Lakes has been bringing fun to the Region since 1984 and shows no signs of stopping!
Now that you have the information, get ready for an exciting five-day festival celebrating Lake Michigan, Wolf Lake, and George Lake! Whether a tradition or your first time bringing the family, head over to see what the fuss is all about!
Hammond, IN 46320
Visit City of Hammond Partner Profile